Thursday 24 July 2014

Creative friends

Slight change in focus today for my happy thing, because I'm not focusing on my own work, but that of an inspirational friend, Liz Cooksey. 


We have worked together for over 10 years, and she dazzles me regularly with samples, techniques and ideas that we bring to our teaching.
Our work overlaps in many ways, sometimes through our use of materials and techniques, more commonly our shared sources of inspiration. 


But the thing that I love most about her work is the craftsmanship. The scale and attention to detail in her pieces is incredible, and I wanted to share this as my happy thing today.


We are hoping one day to collaborate and make some pieces together, until then, I will enjoy gazing upon her beautiful work with awe.


No comments:

Post a Comment